Typically, all siblings just fight over who gets the tv remote or who ate whose leftovers. But me and my brother, Beau, are not like your “typical siblings.” I don't remember the last time we actually fought over something, even just as simple as a tv remote. Instead we listen to music so loud that our neighbors can hear it in their house and go on random Walmart runs to get a air horn so we can scare our mom once we get home. The only thing we argue about it who found the new “good” song first.
Without a doubt, my brother is (and always has been) my best friend.
Beau has always looked out for me, especially when we were little. I had my own huge room in the basement, because I was always the spoiled one, but I never ever actually went in there unless my brother went with me. I always thought that during the night monsters would come out from under my bed or from in my closet and snatch me from my bed. Instead my mom bought Beau and I bunk beds and smashed them in Beau's tiny room. Of course my scared little self would usually squeeze into the same twin sized bed with Beau halfway through the night. But instead of Beau getting mad and pushing me off the bed he would simply just move over so I had room to sleep.
Everyone has their very own special best friend that they tell everything to and to enjoy life with. I am thankful enough to have my best friend be with me 24/7 who shares most of the same issues as me. It is easier to talk to him about it. I do not know what I would do if Beau was not in my life as both my brother, and my best friend.
Without a doubt, my brother is (and always has been) my best friend.
Beau has always looked out for me, especially when we were little. I had my own huge room in the basement, because I was always the spoiled one, but I never ever actually went in there unless my brother went with me. I always thought that during the night monsters would come out from under my bed or from in my closet and snatch me from my bed. Instead my mom bought Beau and I bunk beds and smashed them in Beau's tiny room. Of course my scared little self would usually squeeze into the same twin sized bed with Beau halfway through the night. But instead of Beau getting mad and pushing me off the bed he would simply just move over so I had room to sleep.
My family has never been “normal,” my parents always had issues. It all started in preschool when my parents got a divorce, I was too little to understand what was going on but I remember my parents fighting before then, and every time they would fight I would run into my brothers room where we would both be trying to distract ourselves by watching a movie or playing a board game. Once I got to the age where I knew that my parents aren't supposed to be living in two different houses, my brother told me what was going on and explained that it was better for everyone this way.
As Beau and I got older we got into high school and that's when the girls came into Beau’s life and the guys came into mine. The first “real” relationship I had Beau told me right off the bat, “Morgan you deserve better then his guy, I know him and he is no good.” of course my sassy high school self replied “How would you even know you don’t know him like I do?” Beau was right like always, that ended in a bad heartbreak and now I know exactly what Beau was talking about. Beau has a girlfriend now and I would be surprised if they did not get married. Of course before his girlfriend Beau had girls that simply just did not treat him with the respect that he deserved, I tried to tell Beau the same thing that he told me and it never seemed to work, it also ended the same way with a heartbreak.
Through the heart breakers, and troublesome, no good guys Beau has realized how I always seem to go for heart breaker guys. There was one guy that Beau knew that he was a good guy and only wanted the best for me. Beau could tell that my life was on an all time high, that was until he went back to his ex girlfriend. The worst part was that he told me this in the beginning of a four hour car ride with my family back from Mexico. The whole car ride my brother would try and distract me from the fact and comfort me. Weeks passed by and Beau realized that I was still not back to my normal self. One night he came into my room when I was really upset and told me that this should have passed by now, and that I need to go back to the consular and try that again. Which I did and I had to admit that Beau was right (once again).
Everyone has their very own special best friend that they tell everything to and to enjoy life with. I am thankful enough to have my best friend be with me 24/7 who shares most of the same issues as me. It is easier to talk to him about it. I do not know what I would do if Beau was not in my life as both my brother, and my best friend.


You're lucky to have such a good relationship with your brother. If you haven't already, let him read this.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me wish I had a brother... Great story :0
ReplyDeleteThis is really great how you have this bond with your brother
ReplyDeleteI love this because I can relate to this so much, I love the pictures too haha!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great story and makes me want to improve my relationships with both of my younger sisters
ReplyDeleteGreat story wish me and my sister were like this.
ReplyDeleteThat;s a really good brother
ReplyDeleteMy brothers really only care about video games, you are EXTREMELY lucky to have a brother like Beau.
ReplyDeleteBeau is a good man and this really shows it
ReplyDeleteI wish i had as good of a relationship with my sister as you have with your brother. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis was one of the best blogs i have read and you have a great relationship with your brother
ReplyDeleteYou have a really amazing brother, wish my brother and sister were more like him.
ReplyDelete